Monday, May 15, 2006

Automatism B

by
Robert Motherwell
(1965-66)


Slate
magazine gave me and bright stupid confetti a little nod today. See it here. Which is especially nice because it happens to come on the anniversary of my 100th post. Hello. This blog is now one hundred cyber-pages long. I sharpen my pencil.

Could’ve gone to Omaha tonight to catch Islands playing at Sokol Underground, but I didn’t.

If you liked Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, you owe it to yourself to go back and watch Paul Verhoeven’s Total Recall. I re-watched it yesterday and plan to watch it again today. Such a cool movie. Remember, it’s based on a short story by Philip K. Dick. And it’s one of those sweet, early-90s Governor Schwarzenegger pictures circa Running Man, Predator, et al. Yes it’s campy in spots, gratuitous assuredly, but it’s also clever, engaging, and twisted.

To keep with the theme of 100...

Click here for a list of the 100 most misspelled words.

Click here for Time magazine’s list of 100 People Who Shape Our World.

Click here for The Modern Library's list of the 100 Best Novels.