Friday, July 21, 2006

The Elephant Swinger


Seabeast
(The Emancipation of the Internal Struggle)





Altmann graduated from the Illustration Department at the School of Visual Arts in Manhattan with a BFA. His work has recently appeared in Spectrum 13 and in Exposé 4. Currently, he lives in Long Island with his wife and son.

So, today I went to see Linklater’s version of Philip K. Dick’s A Scanner Darkly.




It was ok. Parts were too chatty, but I guess that’s to be expected with Linklater. More than anything, it looked cool. The animation was much more sophisticated than his earlier attempt, A Waking Life. All in all, it was worth the matinee price. Plus, I got to see the full trailer for Michel Gondry’s new film The Science of Sleep, which I mistakenly told you was in French awhile back when I first heard about it…Correction: it’s in English. And it looks ridiculously splendid. I got chills while watching it.